If not now … when?” Hillel
Are YOU passionate about strengthening civil society?
Imagine YOU had an opportunity to do something about it.
JDC GRID is now accepting applications for the 2019 Tikkun in Action small grants program.
About the Grants
Tikkun-in-Action is a program operated by GRID, JDC’s platform for disaster response and international development. Tikkun-in Action provides training, networking and funding opportunities for people who are inspired by Jewish values and experiences in order to create impactful projects serving vulnerable people, including refugees and other underserved populations, living in their local communities.
When is the Deadline
Grant application deadline has been extended to March 15, 2019!
Please note that this is the first time JDC GRID will be allocating grants from the Tikkun in Action Fund. Our grants pool is limited and allocations will range from $5,000 to $18,000 for any individual grant. Funds will be awarded in the second half of 2019 for project implementation in 2019 & 2020. Finalists will be asked to participate in a zoom interview with the vetting committee.
How do YOU Apply
Before applying, please note:
- Grantees must be located in Europe (Turkey included)
- Grantees must submit projects that seek to improve the lives of marginalized and vulnerable populations (including low income-generating women, refugees, at-risk children, IDPs, elderly, people with disabilities, long-term unemployed, Roma and others).
- Grantees must either be a registered nonprofit or have an agreement with a registered non- profit entity that can receive and disburse funds granted by JDC.
- Grants can be allocated for one-time events, as well as on-going activities.
- By submitting an application and accepting grant funds, the grantee agrees to provide JDC with regular reporting on activity throughout the grant cycle.
This Tikkun in Action small grants program is being supported by the JDC-Alfred and Isabel Bader Philanthropic Fund.
The 2019 Tikkun in Action Small Grants Application is officially closed. If you would like to be kept informed of future Tikkun in Action opportunities, please email email@example.com.